Saturday, October 3, 2009

Wednesday, Midweek Church Service

Last Wednesday my dad wanted me to play tenor sax with him at Calvary Church for their midweek service. I said yeah even though I couldn't make the Monday rehearsal. Wednesday came and we ended up having an entire horn section and it was a pretty good sound. Afterwards I was talking to the alto sax player about her Yamaha Custom Z. It's a really nice alto sax and I still am playing my Yamaha intermediate from high school or middle school. So she let me play it a little after the service and it had the brightest sound I've heard out of an alto sax. That's saying something too because I've played a Selmer Mark VI before. Now, I would obviously rather have a Mark VI for many other reasons besides just the brightness of the tone but playing her sax definitely was a reminder that I should be upgrading my sax soon. So after I finished playing, she was telling me about a soprano sax she had bought a few years ago. She said she really wasn't happy with it so I told her that I might be interested in buying it off her. Now I know that it isn't the saxophone that is the problem because between you and me, she isn't the best player to begin with. So anyways, I told my dad about it and maybe he'll want to buy it for me sometime. He normally is happy about buying things music related.

No comments:

Post a Comment